Wednesday, January 30, 2008

MY LIFE STORY ONE DESSERT AT A TIME

Welcome to MY LIFE!!

Tonight we begin a fun journey of sharing our life with those we love! My favorite “Life Stories” are those with a “voice.” My aunts story reads just as she would tell the stories out loud. I hear her voice in my head as I read. She didn’t worry about proper grammar or spelling, she just recorded her story - I suggest you follow her example and write just as you would talk. Let your voice be recorded on the pages. If the questions stir a different thought or memory - record that!! It will mean more to you than reporting on what you were “assigned.”

Tonight’s Thoughts………


1. What is your earliest childhood memory - include as many details as you can.
2. Describe a typical family dinner (during your childhood)
3. LIST - “My mom always said…” & “My dad always said…” **see below**
4. Research homework - Learn & be prepared to record how your parents met

**LIST** Flip to the back 2 pages of your notebook. We will be working from the back forward on the lists. It is something you will think of sporadically, and then you can just jot it in. Some will be “works in progress” (Like top 10 lists) Some will show deep incite to who you are, without any story telling. Some will just be amusing to your descendants. Do you know I always say the same thing my mom always says, which her mom always said?!! “If not me, who? If not now, when?”

No comments: